Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 17g of toasted sesame seeds
- 2400g packages of extra-firm drained tofu cubed into 2½cm pieces
- 30g of chopped scallions
- Cooking spray
- 2g of Kosher salt
- 60ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 packages of boil-in-bag brown rice
- 30ml of low sodium soy sauce
- 2g of cornstarch
- 15ml plus 5ml of honey
- 5ml of rice vinegar
- 15ml plus 5 ml of toasted sesame oil
- Bring the oven to a temperature of 93°C.
- On a flat plate, line several layers of paper towels and put the tofu atop. Cover using additional paper and another flat plate. Add weight on top of the plate on top and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Once done, give the tofu a gentle coat of spray.
- Now, carefully place half of the tofu at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Allow cooking for 15 minutes under temperatures of 190°C until they get a nice golden brown color and crispy.
- Be sure to turn the cubes midway through the time then move to the preheated oven to keep warm.
- In the meantime, combine the cornstarch, rice vinegar, orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey in a small nonstick skillet.
- Allow the mixture to simmer mixing continuously until you achieve a thick sauce.
- Cook the rice as directed on the packaging.
- Finally, mix the tofu in the soy sauce mixture.
- Serve by dividing the rice equally among the four plates and top with equal amounts of tofu per plate.
- Sprinkle atop with sesame seeds and scallions.