Time: 30 minutes
- 8g of chopped fresh cilantro
- 60g of all-purpose flour
- 1 thinly sliced serrano chile
- 6g of black pepper
- 60ml of lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- 60ml of honey
- 80g of panko bread crumbs (Japanese style)
- 2g of kosher salt
- 160g of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cooking spray
- 340g of medium peeled, deveined raw shrimp with the tail on (24 shrimps)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the pepper and flour.
- Beat the eggs in another separate mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and coconut flakes.
- Holding each shrimp by the tail, dip in the flour mixture in the first bowl shaking any excess, dredge in the egg wash, and finally roll in the coconut mixture and press with your hand to help the mixture adhere. Lastly, coat with a generous amount of cooking spray.
- Working in two batches, place half of the coated shrimps at the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Allow cooking for 8 minutes under a temperature of 204°C turning midway through.
- Repeat the process with the remainder of the shrimps until every single one is cooked.
- Sprinkle with salt atop the cooked shrimp.
- In the meantime, combine the serrano, lime, and honey in a smaller mixing dish to achieve a sauce.
- Sprinkle cilantro atop the shrimp and serve with the sauce on the side.